Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Flora

It is summer here! Daytime Temperatures are reaching the 90’s. Last weekend I went on a short drive looking for one of the flowering trees. I have been seeing this tree, in the distance and from the car …. never really close enough to see the yellow flowers. I didn’t notice it last year…. but then again, I was being a ‘very good driver’ and keeping my eyes and mind focused on driving on the ‘right hand’ side of the car…
tree-flowers
The tree has been flowering for several weeks. I don’t know what they call it…. the few searches I have done… via Google have not returned an identifier… Hopefully someone will know and tell me!!! (edit 10/26- It's called a Silver Oak, and it is originally from Australia, for more info go HERE)

tree-flower-2
From the first picture to the second… you begin to see that the ‘flower’ is not a flower in the traditional sense. But something much more interesting!
tree-flower-3
A bit closer and you really begin to see how many flowers it takes to see yellow from a distance.
tree-flower-4
And really up close you can see how simple the yellow flower really is! Very much like the Protea Flower.
AMAZING!

More Later- Beth

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So unusual! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Beth... I think this tree might be one that weavers love, not sure. Take care.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.