Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Letter ‘B’

A finish.

I started this shortly after I finished the “M” monogram for my sister back in August but I didn’t really like where it was going so I set it aside. It is the 3rd in the Monogram series… There may be one or 2 more in my future, but I think they will be smaller. Maybe with some applique….

The top is white Dupioni Silk over a wool batt. I started outlining the B with MasterPiece and Bottom Line threads, but even though I was using a stabilizer, the silk was drawing up. I switched to KingTut and decided I liked. I backed it with a cotton and bound it with the same silk as the top. I used Superior Omni to quilt the background.

Originally I had planned to run a braid or rat tail along the edge of the binding, but finding the color or size became more of a hassle. So I switched to using the stem stitch and a rayon thread from either India or China. I think I like it as well as the original plan.

A better detail…

A couple of crystals for sparkle… and its done. Approximately 16 x 20.

5 comments:

  1. I, for one, am totally impressed. Way outside my box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful but that background quilting would have driven me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomely great!!! Very impressed with the actual quilting too. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.