Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Letter ‘B’

A finish.

I started this shortly after I finished the “M” monogram for my sister back in August but I didn’t really like where it was going so I set it aside. It is the 3rd in the Monogram series… There may be one or 2 more in my future, but I think they will be smaller. Maybe with some applique….

The top is white Dupioni Silk over a wool batt. I started outlining the B with MasterPiece and Bottom Line threads, but even though I was using a stabilizer, the silk was drawing up. I switched to KingTut and decided I liked. I backed it with a cotton and bound it with the same silk as the top. I used Superior Omni to quilt the background.

Originally I had planned to run a braid or rat tail along the edge of the binding, but finding the color or size became more of a hassle. So I switched to using the stem stitch and a rayon thread from either India or China. I think I like it as well as the original plan.

A better detail…

A couple of crystals for sparkle… and its done. Approximately 16 x 20.

5 comments:

Jean said...

I, for one, am totally impressed. Way outside my box!

Exuberant Color said...

It is beautiful but that background quilting would have driven me crazy.

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Totally beautiful!!!

wolfiestitchin said...

Awesomely great!!! Very impressed with the actual quilting too. :D

Fleurette said...

Oh wow! Beautiful!!