A couple of new birds… have visited since the last post… a Stellars Jay, a pair of House Finches and a pair of Cardinals!!! I also heard a Wood Pecker yesterday (banging somewhere on my deck), but I did not see it.
The sewing space has been completed. I cannot believe how much more open and less congested it feels now that the ledge is gone! I have to thank my Dear Brother in Law (DBIL) that lives nearby for donating his time and expertise in getting rid of the space waster!!!
The beginning - We tore out the drywall that was covering the ledge and the supporting 2x4’s…. and were left with this.
and the middle -DBIL installed the new drywall, taped, mudded and sanded.
I then painted the wall and trim, then baseboard was in installed.
This is the ledge (with the ironing board on it) and now it is gone!
I love how much more open it feels. I opted to just patch the carpet… instead of replacing all of it. Now I can create with abandon and worry less about any messes I make… and consider replacing the carpet when we leave. I have moved all the sewing machines back to the original positions and the new empty wall will become the design wall.
I have been busy already and will share that next!