Monday, September 5, 2016

More Sunflowers

And here I was afraid of overloading a post with sunflowers. I'm afraid.... I am going to overload the Internet and/or blogger with sunflowers.

I took a ride to Lexington KY a week or so ago, a friend is involved with dog rescue so we drove over to evaluate and rescue a lovely beautifully well behaved boy. I even considered adopting him myself, but really just not quite ready for a new dog. 





Anyway, on the way we found these. I made a return trip to the sunflowers, and may again before the season is over. These were still relatively young.... and still a few to open...



Lots of bumble bees and skippers visiting


This was my favorite, it was growing like a dinner plate....










7 comments:

Jean Etheridge said...

We are visiting my daughter's family in Salt Lake City. They moved here in June, so it is our first visit. I am amazed by the yards surrounded by sunflowers. Your photos are a last glimpse of summer!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I need to plant some sunflowers next year.

Sue said...

What a beautiful boy. And the sunflowers are glorious! (Best news - I finally was able to add you to my Feedly list.)

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Never too many photos of sunflowers!

Your photography is amazing girl.

Smiles,
Kelly

Rachel Murphree said...

Love the sunflowers! Especially the dinner plate one. First time I have seen that in sunflowers. Your photos are so good!

wolfiestitchin said...

Glorious sunflowers!!! Me neither is ready for a new dog. The DH sends me ads for rescue (one way or the other) dogs,but my heart isn't just in it.

Diana LaFaro said...

I love sunflowers! Your pictures are beautiful.