Saturday, November 18, 2017

Poppies

In several areas around town the Kentucky Department of Transportation plants some different flowers. I am not sure if they have a plan or rotate areas or crops.... but the first year here where I found these poppies, there were safflowers/sunflowers. I think I like the poppies better, but the season is so short for the flowers....







I found a site with Cosmos and on the Interstate Sunflowers. I didn't get out to either of those sites this year, I will try and do better next summer!

More Later - Beth

3 comments:

  1. I love poppies too but Cosmos have a much longer season to bloom and come in so many colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics as always. Know what the kids called poppies when they where young (kids not poppies=? Flying strawberries :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.