It’s a wedding gift. The wedding was in October, but the quilter was booked up through Christmas. So we had to wait until January. Of course I was gone the whole month of January to South Africa. Anyway I no sooner got home, then I got the call the quilt was done. I spent the next several days putting the binding on and I still have to make the label. (You can click on any photo to make them larger).
This quilt came about all because I participated in a block swap last year with about 100 others. It was called the Black – White – Bright 9 Patch Swap. Blocks were 9 ½ “ unfinished, and were comprised of a black and white print that read Black and another that read White and the center square was a tone on tone Bright, that read clear. I think I send out 30 or 35 blocks and of course got the same number back. I let it all sit and cogitate in a box for a few months and then I sliced the 9-Patches up and stitched them back together. The blocks sat for a bit again while I thought about the setting. Once the setting was on I know I wanted the quilt to be bigger, but I a- didn’t want to