So no progress on the toaster front and since everyone appears to be in the same boat as I… poor quality toaster… I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing and try not to waste too much bread.
In the sewing room I have cleaned up the cutting mess from the strip swap and pulled a baby quilt together. The baby quilt is awaiting quilting… but I will hold off on that for a few more days… The baby is due this month sometime.
Between the really hot days, sight seeing, and the local flower gardens I also made another “Initial” piece, for my sister. I was unable to talk about it,
because it was a surprise for her birthday, so now she has it and I can talk about it. Her favorite color combo is blue and white. So naturally, it is blue and white! I used many of the same techniques that I used on the Black and Red “H” (see here). However, in this one I did not use a wool batt. I used the standard cotton and lots and lots of thread. A bit more detail in this picture, you can click on the picture for a larger view
As a side note, I have recently begun using the new Pellon batting product and I think I like it better than the Warm and Natural. It has a bit more loft and doesn’t seem to shed quite as much… I have used it in several baby quilts and it washed up very well after quilting too.
I am working on another ‘Initial’ piece, but… I started it the same way as the original “H” but didn’t like it. So midway, I switched it to a variegated cotton thread (King Tut) in neutrals, and I like it much better. You can see on the upper right where I still need to add some King Tut. More of what I had in mind from the beginning. I wanted it to appear lacey. But we are stalled on this while I play with the baby quilt and the Chickens.
I haven’t gotten too much more sewing done, since the DGS is visiting again for a few days.
Saturday marked our 1 year back in the states from South Africa. There is not often a day that doesn’t go by that I don’t miss some aspect of living there.