Monday, December 9, 2013

ICE

For a change, the weather people got it right. We got snow yesterday morning, about 3 inches total. Then it stopped for a few hours and then the sleet arrived… it spit for a couple of hours and added a firm coating to the snow. I don’t think the temperatures got out of the 20’s the whole day.

When I went to bed, there wasn’t anything falling from the sky… however, when I got up this morning, it was still below freezing outside and there was rain coming down. Very gently. The results were beautiful.

cr-bird-nest-2637-sm

cr-ice-berries-2625-sm

cr-oak-leaves-2627-sm

cr-snowglobe-2639-sm-

Doesn’t this one remind you of a snow globe?

More later- Beth

4 comments:

  1. Pretty as long as you don't slip and fall on it. I must say winter has artistic moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! How wonderful!!! My favourites are the snow globe and the red berries. Do you think I have a thing for red?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all great but the last one is my favorite - almost unreal.
    Here we are above freezing and all snow and ice have melted :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, these are gorgeous pictures! you really have a talent for photography. Glad to meet you!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.