Monday, October 3, 2016

The Last of the Sunflowers....

I went out again for sunflowers, but these are on the decline and the weather is hot and sticky again. I really wanted to catch them after a brief rain shower... but Mother Nature just would not cooperate. If it rained I was too busy and when I had the time... it was not wet. Maybe next year.
Not many were in good shape.... even if they were still bright and full flower, they were showing signs of a long season. 
Many were much like this one, and when I see them with the petals all drying and wilted they remind me of a Raggedy Ann face with the fringed hair.


Another fringed faded sunflower.

And another Raggedy face. I wonder if this is where the inspiration for the flat featured face came from?

2 comments:

Jean Etheridge said...

Even the fading, droopy sunflowers are beautiful in your photos!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You might have something there about the inspiration for Raggedy Ann and most other flat faced dolls from long ago.