Monday, October 10, 2016

In the Creative Space Lately #1

I have been doing some stitching, but unable to share much... 

I finished up something in June... but can't remember what it was, that gave me some free time, so I decided to take on a Challenge Project.  

I belong to the Kentucky State Guild, (KHQS) and the sub group, Quilt Artists of Kentucky (QAK). The subgroup issued a challenge called "Quiltography", in conjunction with the Lexington Photography Club. The photography club lent us 8 photos to use as the inspiration. Loose rules.... The finished size is 12 inches by 12 inches, and use a "new to you" technique and the interpretation is open.  I am only showing a small part of each little quilt, because they won't be revealed until November... at a group showing at the Christ Church in Lexington KY, along side the inspiration photograph (I think). Here are 4 of the 8.







I've had lots of fun creating these and trying to capture enough of each photo... Not much in the way of new techniques for me...  on most of these, but I did try several new things.... and will explain (if needed) once we have the reveal and I will share the inspiration picture and each quilt after the reveal. These have been so much fun!!!

More later- Beth

6 comments:

  1. Intriguing little bits. Look forward to the reveal.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the completed project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me hooked. Will check in
    November. Enjoy your creative time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work but to bad you couldn't use one of your own photos, that would have been amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pieces Beth! I got the sneak peek while helping with the set up.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.