Friday, September 28, 2012

Half Settled

Yes again I have been quiet, because I don’t have much to report.

We did make it back to the states and into a hotel in the DC area. This is where we are calling it “HOME”.

Res-Inn

It’s a very nice place that allows dogs, even big dogs. Of course we are at the limit size… for big dogs. They have been very good for 2 dogs that have not been able to run and play for more than 2 weeks now. Some how, in transit, there vaccination records have been lost… and getting a rabies tag is not possible without them, so no opportunity for dog parks.

The hotel is a suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen and a table for eating at. If we were going to be here much longer than the middle of October (we hope), then I would consider requesting all the furniture from one bedroom be removed, for a bit more breathing space for the ‘stuff ’.

We have made an offer on a house, it’s been accepted and now we WAIT. So more about that when it looks more like a reality, so stay tuned.

Our ‘air shipment’ is here, and thank the lord for family…. DH has a sister that lives close and has graciously offered to house the nearly 700 pounds of stuff… for bit.  

To keep myself and the dogs sane I take them for a couple of walks a day. There is a walking trail nearby, so we take plenty of opportunity there. One day we found this guy. I didn’t have the camera with me, but I did have the iPhone…

turtle

a turtle, don’t know what kind

deer

and we found some of these. This one came towards us for a better view. 

There were several and a youngster, but since he was smaller than the dogs, I suspect he was questioning whose mealtime it was.

Today I am meeting my Aunt for breakfast. I haven’t seen her since 2007, so it will be a nice treat to see some of my family.

As always, there will be more later- Beth

 

7 comments:

  1. Glad you made it! We had to keep our stuff in storage for a few months when we moved to MI. No fun. But we did have a tiny little house that we were able to rent, so at least it was better than a hotel. I bet you're glad to be back "home" though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you will be in your own home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you will be in your own home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics -- especially considering the equipment! I hope that new house has a guest room...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Exactly what your hotel looks like....my husband has stayed in that specific line many, many times. So glad you are surviving. I hope the house waiting ends soon. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It won't be much longer. You'll be settled and quilting before you know it....perhaps a swap or trade will be in order before long????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cross my fingers and hope you get that house!!!
    A month ago The DH and the dogs came upon an elk in their morning run, Diego found her fascinating, but the girls looked the other way and pretended she wasn't there LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.