Saturday, February 22, 2014

Recently

It is hard to believe it has only been 2 weeks, (ok more like 3 weeks), since I last posted something here… It feels like so much longer… So what have I been doing…. some of this and some of that! Here is a bit of that!

One of the fun parts of belonging to a Quilt Guild or Group are the field trips you get to take with other like mind people. 

Sometimes they are quilt shows, or shop hops or Retreats. Last week and continuing on for several months… going forward we have some field trips planned. A group of us carpooled to a small quilting exhibit in Herndon VA to view the exhibit last week.

The exhibit was called “Something Blue” and was a very fun exhibit. Lots of fabulous quilts, color and humor. I did not take a real camera… the thought flittered through my mind and then I promptly forgot a camera, so the few pictures that I took, I used the iPhone. I would have loved to take more pictures but while the phones have improved their cameras it is not enough for me! So, please don’t judge the photography skills. I also did not capture the makers… very well.

Quilt-1

I liked this one for the background quilting…. all those fun little motifs scattered about…

Quilt-2

What a great idea for using up some of those large floral prints, that we buy because we like the print, not necessarily because we have a use for them! I think one like this is on my radar…. Collage? I have done one that is very similar… but it was a bouquet…. not just all flowers in a color wheel!!! I think I will have to post a picture of that one… someday.

Quilt-3

This one also for the quilting (and for Laetitia) because this is her preferred piecing method! I think the quilting will speak to her as well!

Quilt 4

This one is a bit blurry and in this case the photo is about the improvisational piecing.

Quilt-5

and one more, for the quilting. The blueish fabric is a sateen, so when you are looking at it… the quilting really shows the dimension. The thread was a fine one that closely matched the fabric.

Next month we will be going to the Virginia Quilt Museum in Harrisonburg VA! I will remember to take a camera!

More Later- Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.