Friday, June 26, 2015

A Day Out

I had a lunch date with a friend that I haven’t seen in person since 2002!!! I would have to say he is one of my oldest friends, that I stay in contact with, (I forgot to take a picture, actually we both did!!!). Since we last saw each other, he moved to Tennessee and now I am about 2 hours away… so we made a lunch date and met up in Bowling Green KY.

I left early, since I have not driven down that way… and didn’t want to discover a road mess… we hear about an accident nearly everyday…and  I know why now.The interstate is under construction for most of the drive  I also didn’t need to leave early, because some where between home and Bowling Green, there is a time zone change, (I am on Eastern time and Bowling Green is on Central time) so I got down there about an hour early!

I am so glad I took my camera along! I did what I usually do, kill time by driving around on roads I’ve never been on, and spied a field full of wildflowers.

cr-wildflower-field-bgrn-ky

cr-p-echinacia-bgrn-ky-2339

cr-more-wilflwrs-bgrn-ky_23

One day last week in my own backyard… I spotted this little guy… it is a hairstreak or elfin. The wingspan is between 7/8 to about 1 1/4 of an inch when open, and when folded like this barely large enough to cover a thumb nail. As you can see a common clover flower is large enough… I should have millions of these little guys in my mostly clover lawn!!!

cr-tiny-bfly_2151

One day while sitting out back with the dogs, watching the clouds try and build up to thunderheads, I noticed that some of the clouds would get this hazy top… I’ve not noticed this phenomenon before.

cr-fuzzy-clouds2304

How about that blue sky?

More Later!

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to reconnect with an old friend and still have time to capture some beautiful photos!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love wildflowers, that pink one looks like echinacea or coneflower - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.