Saturday, September 5, 2015

3 Month Mark

It is difficult to believe that we have only been here for 3 months!!! It feels like much longer and much less all at once. We have done so much… mostly just small things, but they have made a huge impact.

We still have some things that need to be done. We were hoping to remodel the master bathroom, but that may wait because we have detected a little heating and cooling issue, which in turn has found a small electrical issue.

The heating and cooling problem is in my Creative Space. My space is a 2 room area and part is an addition over the garage addition, and appears it may not have been insulated well enough, but we want to see what happens in the winter, so we deal with the whole problem… The electrical came about, when we moved the portable a/c to the Creative Space, and operated it while the DH was working in his shop below. Either there are not enough circuits or they are under size.

So what does my new space look like? From the entry… you can see the first room and the entry to the second room. The space is blue, actually 2 colors of blue and the lighting is 2 ceiling fans, (but those new LED Cool White lights are so much better…than florescent!!!

enter

from here on the right, is a closet on the same wall as the door, and on the left a wall full of shelves, a cutting table, and some bookshelves and you can see the door way to the other half of the space that is mine.

full-shelves

Looking at the wall of shelves. I decided, after putting all of the fabric on the shelves in Virginia, that I like all of my fabric on view and most my crap hidden. On the top are bits of art work and gifts from quilty friends and family and my postcards!

Last is looking back toward the entry…

looking-back

From the entry to the second room

sewing-station

again on the right is a closet and there window is directly across from the door, (you can see the a/c unit). I have a sewing station set up in this room…. with a cutting table too. This cutting table and the dresser (under the TV), we have had for 20 years and were a dark stained pine. So I decided that I wanted them white. So I spent about 10 days priming and painting both.

design-wall

The design wall, TV and desk are all on the wall opposite the sewing station. I also moved a small section of our office furniture in, to house a computer and a printer. None of the walls are full height except the end ones…. so I am a little limited on wall space.

and lastly looking all the way back to the entry.

Looking-all-the-way-back

So far I like my space!!! I have finished a Challenge and have the other Challenge ready to quilt and as of today, a good start on 2 gifts and a piece for the Creative Space!!!

Have an questions about what you see in any of the pictures?

More Later-Beth

7 comments:

  1. Looks very well organized and you will probably be very happy and productive there - once the heating and cooling are conquered! Good luck on that.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a big and clean space! It looks so organized and "ready" to create in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG It is bee-u-ti-ful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your studio is beautiful!! so spacious and well organised. I love the quilt on your design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, it looks spacious and wonderful! so well organized too. I'm a tad jealous, but very happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful space for all your creative juices to flow. The black/white/lime green wall quilt is gorgeous. Looks like your colors lean toward bright and modern? No Kansas Troubles?
    Take care, Beth. toni

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.