Thursday, October 5, 2017

I Promised...

to share more.... about Chicago... but I have not had an abundance of time...

Our second day in Chicago found us with some drizzle and cloudy skies. We chose to spend the day at the Chicago Botanical Garden. It was a place I visited shortly before moving to South Africa and as it turned out a great place to spend the day.

For me the best thing were the water features where about 20 or 30 different waterlilies were in bloom. I could have probably spent all day trying for the best shot.... of every different one of  them. I would have loved to see a warm sunny day that would have encouraged a few bugs to visit them too.

I will post a few of my favorites here....  and the rest over the next couple of days.





and a lily pad... doesn't the texture and spikes on the rolled side look cool?

Do you have a favorite lily.... here?

More Later-Beth

2 comments:

  1. Good to see your posts! We visited our Botanical Gardens here in Huntsville last week when my brother and sister-in-law visited. I wish I magically had your photography skill, but it was still fun catching butterflies in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there were lots of different water lily blooms. I guess I thought they all looked like the last photos. I was up at the Botanical gardens once back in the 1990s with my new 35mm camera and got some great shots of exotic blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.