Monday, November 3, 2014

More from the Drive

I decided to head for Harpers Ferry, West Virginia… from my house. The road rolls along some small but very scenic valleys. I like going to Harpers Ferry, because it is along the river, actually settled between 2 rivers, the Shenandoah and the Potomac. The town is quaint and not generally overrun with tourists and there is a National Park there too, so it is clean!

On the way, I passed a winery. With just what I was looking for… color! I’m a little late for perfect… we have had some wind… but no frost yet.

cr-vines-and-hillscr-winery-colorcr-winery-road

In Harpers Ferry, I saw this rock wall, but I hadn’t noticed the sign painted on it. Something about Powder

cr-rock-wall

As I passed by a couple of buildings, I checked out the door hardware (again).

cr-door-handle-1

I love how decorative, even some of the most mundane things were in the past. Look at the second door handle, you can see where there is some wear on the pattern.

cr-door-handle-2

Next post a little more nature…

More later, Beth

2 comments:

  1. had no idea they grow wine in Virginia, you learn something new every day.
    And them door handles things are cool!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.