Saturday, April 11, 2020

Its Been a While

Not that there are too many visitors over here... and blogs are becoming passe because Facebook and Instagram are so much easier and less wordy... that quick snaps are easier. I like to add the words... to explain the picture... So here goes... Pictures and Words ...

The new place came with some extras. The previous owner had some cats, but she left us all the kittens. Seven ranging in age from about 3 months to 6 months. At first we weren't sure where they belonged... and they were very afraid of humans. But after 2 days I bought some food, and we claimed all 7.
All 7 cats

We spent 6 months trapping the cats and getting them spayed or neutered (2 females and 5 males). Their names started out as numbers #1 thru #7, but during convalescence, true names stuck. I can pet 6 of the 7 when the food is given, One really really doesn't want companionship at all. He is Mr. Meany. He earned his name because he is a bit mean too. The 2 orange tabbies Tommy and Tutone I can only stroke at mealtime, but they are hanging closer during the daytime hours and actually arch to meet a hand when feeding. Patience was a terribly fearful female and would wait to eat until I left the area. However, during her convalescence, she discovered a kind hand and is nearly the first to the feeding station each morning. The other 3 were friendly and trusting pretty early on. #1 was the first to seek and step up to me at times other than feeding, and his name stuck. The Prince got his name because he would just lay in his convalescent crate... for food to be delivered and revel in touch, but he was also friendly before his procedure and was called #2. And Prudence discovered people and is a trip hazard when I go out into the yard. She LOVES to be stroked and follows me around when the dogs are not out too. None are friendly with anyone but me.

More Later... Hopefull not quite so much later. Beth

3 comments:

  1. Nice photos, but I like the 'words' the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people will go back to reading more blogs during this isolation. It is definitely worth writing posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.