Sunday, October 6, 2013

World Wide Photowalk 2013

Yesterday I participated in an annual even… see the details here….a first time for me on one of the walks…. None have been where I’ve been or when I have been available. Plenty of things tried to get in the way of this… for me…. Jinny Beyer Studio BIG 1 day sale, a Quilting Store going out of business sale-last day, and the Waterford Fair.

Since one was happening right in the town I live in, Leesburg Virginia, and I have not (in the whole year I have lived here) walked in the downtown historic area!!! I joined.

The group met at 10 in the morning, about 50+/-, walking and shooting until noon, and then meet in a local place for lunch. I couldn’t stay for lunch… the  kids were coming for dinner…. and I was cooking!

So…. my favorite shots from the day (I’m saving a couple for posting that are Halloween appropriate until then).

cr-almost-dead134-lburg-wwp

Almost Dead

cr-classic-door-lbg-49-wwpw

Classic Door

cr-red-wall-114-lburg-wwpw-

Red Wall

cr-scroll-122-lbg-wwpw-13-w

Iron Detail

cr-spools-121-lburg-wwpw-13

Through the Doorway

cr-wasp-leesburg28-wwpw-13-

Wasp or Hornet

And this guy I think I am going to post as my entry…. Not a prize winner, but different!

Do you have a favorite of the ones here? Which one and why?

More later…. Beth

 

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun, wandering around town in a group to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first one (almost dead) and what what looked like spools of threads...But as alway I thin k all your photos are drop dead wonderful :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun thing to do! I love all of your pictures but my favorite today is the iron detail. I love wrought iron work. I haven't translated any into a quilt yet but it's always in the back of my mind to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Wolfie! My favourites are the first flower and the spools. I was at a weddin so couldn't participate. Sigh! However my friend did a walkabout in downtown Toronto. I haven't sen the results yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos -- what a lovely way to take a walk.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment- big or small.... I love hearing what the pictures say to you too.